Senior Application Engineer-CDA
The Application Engineer (AE) will spend most of their time focused on supporting customers who develop the software for microcontrollers, simulate these systems, and employ rapid prototyping. The primary responsibility of this position is to assist sales personnel in managing the technical aspects of the sales process directed primarily at customers working to design and simulate dynamic multi-domain systems. The Application Engineer is responsible for demonstrating his/her knowledge during sales meetings, conference calls, through the development and delivery of public seminars. This position also requires that the Application Engineer is able to work with existing power users to answer their questions and assist them in the most efficient and proper use of MathWorks products once deployed.
- Engage with prospective customers to understand their workflow and use this knowledge to recommend effective solutions.
- Develop demonstrations including programs, application examples, and simulations to demonstrate how MathWorks software addresses the needs of our customers.
- Prepare and deliver presentations and demonstrations at both small and large audience venues.
- Partner with sales representatives to provide technical guidance for selling strategies toward successful achievement of sales goals.
- Advocate for the future direction of MathWorks products based on customer interactions
- Identify new application areas and work with development and marketing to create compelling messaging and demonstrations
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
- Specialization in modeling & simulation, control system design
- Experience in MATLAB and Simulink
- Experience in C/C++ programming
- Experience in physical modeling including mechanical, power electronics, or hydraulics is a must
- Experience in embedded control system development is a plus
- Knowledge of Model Based Design and Code Generation is a big plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Interest in working directly with customers to help them understand how to apply our products to their problems.
- Strong team player
- Fluency in both Chinese & English
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here