Student Competition Technical Evangelist China
Support Student Competition teams around the world to use MATLAB and Simulink to design and build solutions. You will serve as an advisor for competition teams and mentors using MATLAB and Simulink. You will collaborate with marketing, engineering, and other teams at MathWorks worldwide to develop a strategy, marketing messages, and supporting content. Through these efforts you will shape how the students and educators perceive MathWorks.
Provide Competition Support:
- Engage with team mentors and faculty advisors
- Visit student teams and provide technical support
- Work with MathWorks PR and marketing teams to identify PR opportunities
- Work with MathWorks stakeholders to build relationships with competition organizers
- Attend competition meetings and events to engage with the competition community
- Pursue training and speaking opportunities at competition events
- Participate as a judge for the competitions where applicable
- Develop criteria for MathWorks Awards
Create New Training Materials for Student Teams
- Develop models necessary to demonstrate proper usage of MATLAB and Simulink
- Develop ramp-up and other materials needed by teams
- Leverage mentors and faculty advisors to create relevant demos and training materials for teams
- Work with MathWorks stakeholders to disseminate/promote the training materials to teams
Act as a Student Competition Advocate within MathWorks
- Collect data and perform analysis on the training needs of teams and evaluate the success of the training efforts
- Identify competition trends
- Interface with development staff to build internal awareness of competition needs
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Mastery of MATLAB
- MS or PhD in Engineering
- Experience with competitions as a mentor or student required
- Demonstrated experience and eagerness to work in a highly collaborative, consensus-based team environment
- Demonstrated experience working in teams across country boundaries
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience selling or marketing in the education industry a plus
- Industry Experience relevant to aerospace industry
- 25% travel - mostly within China; some International
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here