This example demonstrates using MATLAB to analyze and value a natural gas storage contract. Such valuations are typically done when financing/purchasing storage facilities, structuring contracts to lease storage facilities or marking to market the value of these assets. In this example, we implement some of the most common approaches including Intrinsic Valuation, Spread-Option Valuation & Rolling Intrinsic Valuation. To view the webinar, please visit http://www.mathworks.com/videos/natural-gas-storage-valuation-with-matlab-94575.html
The example demonstrates the complete MATLAB modeling workflow from accessing data, building analytics and sharing results as reports and an Excel deployed application.
* Realistic storage constraints including ratchets on injection/withdrawal limits
* Linear & integer linear programming
* Downloading & processing data from Quandl using tables
* Spread option pricing
* Monte Carlo simulation of multi-factor forward models calibrated to historical futures and option data with PCA
* 3-D & heatmap visualizations
* Rolling position viewer app
For more information on gas storage valuation, see the included PDF document.
Ameya Deoras (2023). Natural Gas Storage Valuation (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/47667-natural-gas-storage-valuation), MATLAB Central File Exchange. 检索来源 .
平台兼容性Windows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!