A three-variate turbulent wind field (u,v and w components) is simulated in three-dimensions.
A turbulent wind field (u,v,w, components) in 3-D (two dimensions for space and one for the time) is simulated using random processes. The computational efficiency of the simulation relies on Ref. , which leads to a significantly shorter simulation time than the function windSim, also available on fileExchange. However, only the case of a regular 2D vertical grid normal to the flow is here considered.
The submission contains:
- An example file Example1 that illustrates simply how the output variables look like.
- An example file Example2, which is more complete, and which simulates a 3-D turbulent wind field on a 7x7 grid.
- A data file exampleData.mat used in Example1.
- The function windSimFast.m, which is used to generate the turbulent wind field. A similar implementation of windSimFast.m was used in ref. .
- The function getSamplingpara.m, which computes the time and frequency vectors.
- The function KaimalModel.m, which generates the one-point auto and cross-spectral densities of the velocity fluctuations, following the Kaimal model . I have corrected the cross-spectrum density formula used by Kaimal et al. so that the simulated friction velocity is equal to the target one.
- The function coherence used to estimate the root-mean-square coherence, the co-coherence and the quad-coherence.
- The function write2bts to convert the data into a .bts file (binary data). This function is still under testing and I ignore if it performs well.
Any comment, suggestion or question is welcomed.
 Shinozuka, M., & Deodatis, G. (1991). Simulation of stochastic processes by spectral representation. Applied Mechanics Reviews, 44(4), 191-204.
 Wang, J., Cheynet, E., Snæbjörnsson, J. Þ., & Jakobsen, J. B. (2018). Coupled aerodynamic and hydrodynamic response of a long span bridge suspended from floating towers. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, 177, 19-31.
 Davenport, A. G. (1961). The spectrum of horizontal gustiness near the ground in high winds. Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society, 87(372), 194-211.
Cheynet, E. Wind Field Simulation (the Fast Version). Zenodo, 2020, doi:10.5281/ZENODO.3774136.
平台兼容性Windows macOS Linux
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
无法下载基于 GitHub 默认分支的版本
See release notes for this release on GitHub: https://github.com/ECheynet/windSimFast/releases/tag/v1.8.1
See release notes for this release on GitHub: https://github.com/ECheynet/windSimFast/releases/tag/v1.8
See release notes for this release on GitHub: https://github.com/ECheynet/windSimFast/releases/tag/v1.7
See release notes for this release on GitHub: https://github.com/ECheynet/windSimFast/releases/tag/v1.6.1
See release notes for this release on GitHub: https://github.com/ECheynet/windSimFast/releases/tag/v1.6
See release notes for this release on GitHub: https://github.com/ECheynet/windSimFast/releases/tag/v1.5
See release notes for this release on GitHub: https://github.com/ECheynet/windSimFast/releases/tag/v1.4
See release notes for this release on GitHub: https://github.com/ECheynet/windSimFast/releases/tag/1.3
Added Github repository
Example 2 updated, improved and more detailed + analysis of the co-coherence
Added project website
A minor correction for the reconstruction of the fft vector has been applied