After upgrading from 2014b to 2015b the Matlab help browser has begun to hang (all Matlab windows hang as well) when I attempt to navigate to any page of my supplementary software documentation.
I have reviewed the 'Display Custom Documentation' docs and I don't see any indication that the info.xml or helptoc.xml need to be changed due to the upgrade (although I have updated the 'matlabrelease' tag of info.xml). I have deleted the old helpsearch-v2 directory and re-run the builddocsearchdb() function to generate helpsearch-v3.
From other threads I have read that executing
could alleviate high cpu usage caused by JxBrowser. However, after trying that solution I have found that the link to view supplemental software no longer appears in the help browser which renders my documentation unreachable.
To be clear, the problem only seems to manifest when trying to browse away from the main page of my supplemental software documentation. Navigating the rest of the Matlab documentation does not cause any problems. Also, the software does not crash, or give error output. And, after several minutes, the help page will eventually load and other Matlab windows will become responsive. (Note however, that this problem occurs even if the supplemental software .html contains only text.)
Final note: Problem occurs with Matlab 2015a on Ubuntu GNOME 14.04 (64bit). Problem does not occur with Matlab 2015a on Windows 8.1 (64bit).