Introduction to Programming:
Collection of 111 problems on introductory programming using MATLAB.
- Intended for use in Introduction to Programming courses and courses that require prerequisite knowledge of introductory programming concepts.
- Problems draw from a variety of applications including physics, engineering, and finance, but do not require prerequisite knowledge in these fields.
- Concepts covered: Introduction to variables and data types, Matrices & Operators, Input/Output, Flow Control and Loops, Functions, and Graphing.
- Problems assume prerequisite mathematics knowledge up to and including pre-calculus.
- No prior computer programming experience is required.
Collection of 10 problems on concepts taught in Calculus I.
- Intended for use in Calculus I courses and courses that require corequisite knowledge of concepts taught in Calculus I.
- The problems use MATLAB Symbolic Math Toolbox. Consider supplementing them with problems from the Symbolic Math Toolbox collection (detailed below) to build and assess student proficiency.
- Concepts covered: Limits, Rates of Change, Differentiation Rules, Inverse Functions, Applications of Differentiation, and Integrals.
- Problems assume prerequisite mathematics knowledge up to and including pre-Calculus.
- Beginner-level programming experience is recommended, which can be achieved by taking the MATLAB Onramp or an Introduction to Programming course.
- The problems use MATLAB Symbolic Toolbox. Consider supplementing them with problems from the Symbolic Math Toolbox collection to build and assess student proficiency.
Symbolic Math Toolbox:
Collection of 10 problems as a supplementary resource for courses using the Symbolic Math Toolbox
- Intended to assess introductory skills for using Symbolic Math Toolbox features and functions.
- Concepts covered: Creating symbolic variables and expressions, Evaluating symbolic expressions and functions, Creating symbolic equations and relations, Solving equations symbolically, and Converting symbolic functions to numeric functions.
Collection(s) that use Symbolic Math Toolbox:
- Calculus I
- Eric Davishahl, Whatcom Community College
- David Manuel, Texas A&M University