Automated Driving Applications
You can use model predictive control (MPC) in automated driving applications to improve vehicle responsiveness while maintaining passenger comfort and safety. MPC has several features that are useful for automated driving, such as predicting vehicle behavior in the near future and explicitly handling constraints during optimization. For more information, see Automated Driving Using Model Predictive Control.
|Adaptive Cruise Control System||Simulate adaptive cruise control using model predictive controller|
|Lane Keeping Assist System||Simulate lane-keeping assistance using adaptive model predictive controller|
|Path Following Control System||Simulate path-following control using adaptive model predictive controller (Since R2019a)|
|Vehicle Path Planner System||Plan collision-free path from initial pose to target pose (Since R2022b)|
MPC Driving Basics
- Automated Driving Using Model Predictive Control
You can design and simulate automated driving systems using MPC controllers.
Adaptive Cruise Control
- Adaptive Cruise Control System Using Model Predictive Control
Design an MPC controller that tracks a set velocity and maintains a safe distance from a lead vehicle by adjusting the longitudinal acceleration of an ego vehicle.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Sensor Fusion
Design an adaptive cruise control system that detects a lead vehicle in its environment by combining data from vision and radar sensors.
Lane Keeping Assist
- Lane Keeping Assist System Using Model Predictive Control
Design an MPC controller that keeps an ego vehicle traveling along the center of a straight or curved road by adjusting the front steering angle.
- Lane Keeping Assist with Lane Detection
Design an MPC-based lane-keeping assist system that uses lane detection and road curvature previewing from the Automated Driving Toolbox™.
- Lane Following Using Nonlinear Model Predictive Control
Design a lane-following controller using nonlinear MPC with road curvature previewing.
- Lane Following Control with Sensor Fusion and Lane Detection
Design an MPC-based lane-following system that uses lane detection and road curvature previewing.
- Highway Lane Following
Design an MPC-based lane-following system that detects lane and vehicles using a camera system simulated using the Unreal Engine®.
- Automate Testing for Highway Lane Following
Automate testing of highway lane-following controller against multiple testing scenarios.
- Highway Lane Following with Intelligent Vehicles
Simulate lane following applications that contain intelligent target vehicles that adapt their trajectories based on neighboring vehicles.
- Lane Change Assist Using Nonlinear Model Predictive Control
Design a lane-change controller using a nonlinear MPC controller.
- Highway Lane Change
Simulate a lane-changing controller in a highway driving scenario.
- Plan Parallel Parking Path Using Multistage Nonlinear Model Predictive Control
You can plan a parking path for a vehicle using the Vehicle Path Planner System block.
- Parking Valet Using Multistage Nonlinear Model Predictive Control
Design controller for parking garage valet using nonlinear model predictive control.
- Parallel Parking Using Nonlinear Model Predictive Control
Design a parallel parking controller using nonlinear model predictive control.
- Parallel Parking Using RRT Planner and MPC Tracking Controller
Automatically parallel park a vehicle by generating a path using the RRT star planner and tracking the trajectory using nonlinear model predictive control.